Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Window of Hearts Card

 Hello Friends!

Today is the 9th day I have been posting Valentine cards and crafts. For me this is super exciting! I have been all about Valentine's, and I have been mailing stuff out hoping to bring a smile to a loved one. :)

Today is a card that I love how it turned out. My husband gave me this Tim Holtz window for Christmas. And as I started of thinking about Valentines I thought how cute if hearts were hanging in the window. 

Well my friends-that window is smaller than the one in my head LOL So I used the inside of the hearts to stick on the window.


The background is candied apple distress oxide through a crafters workshop stencil. Since oxide is sort of like versamark I applied stampin up iridescent ice embossing powder and heated it. Beautiful! so it added glitter and shine to the bricks. My background was totally inspired by a video I saw on Instagram by erica_cacacraft.  

The window and the little bitty flowers and leaves are Tim Holtz dies. I used some distress oxides for the flowers-wilted violet and worn lipstick. And then I used nuovo drops for the middles.

The hearts are from my silhouette machine.


Here is a close up of the bricks.  😍😍😍

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

the Library Challenge: 76 Jar of Hearts. I don't have a jar but a window which is made out of glass ;) 

Try It on Tuesday: Falling in Love (I'm seriously in love with this window :) )

Thank you for stopping by! :)


3 comments:

Marjut said...

Beautiful window card. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

Marina said...

It really is pretty and a great design - I love the brick effect. Thanks for joining The Library.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! I love your window design, the colours and hearts are perfect πŸ˜€. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x