Saturday, February 13, 2021

Valentine Frames

 Hello Everybody!

Welcome to Day 13 of my 14 Days of Valentine's Day Craftiness.  I am excited to show you the frames I decorated in a pack that I bought from Hobby Lobby.  I showed one yesterday and I am going to show you 4 today. So I am leaving 1 frame for tomorrow. :)

All of the frames started like this:


I either gessoed it or


I put light modeling paste through this simon says stamp stencil.  


From there I painted and decorated. I First painted this frame pink.


Then I added a little white paint and sprayed water on the frame. Then I added some crimson Ken Oliver watercolor powder.  And then I added some purple.


Here you can see a close up. So fun! I also hot glued some paper studio flowers and this cool snazzy heart both from Hobby Lobby. And the butterfly I had in my stash :)
 
                                                      

The second frame was just gessoed. And I didn't have any purple craft paint so I borrowed some fancy acrylic paint from my husband how does fine art painting from time to time. Swoon! This color is so pretty!  I was able to create an ombre effect. I had this love charm and hot glued the back of it so it wouldn't come off and get lost. I also had these paper flowers from Kaiser and they matched the ombre perfectly.


This frame recieved light modeling paste hearts. I painted with the same purple paint as above but just did one color. However if you notice the top left and bottom right corners are a bit white that is because I used a white matte Finnabair wax on it to give a little highlight for dimension. The flower is a clay flower I painted with Finnabair Opal magic Pink paint so sometimes it will have blue colors in the light.  Then I used twine for a metal key.  I also painted the 3 wooden hearts with the same opal paint.


I painted this frame red after the light modeling paste dried. I hot glued the Paper Studio paper flowers to the corner. And then I balanced it with another jazzy gem heart from Hobby Lobby.


These were so fun to share with you! I hope you enjoyed them also. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back tomorrow to see the last frame and the rest of the Valentine's Day projects. :)







No comments: