Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Heart Swing Valentine Card

 Hello Friends!

It's Day 3 of my Valentine 14 Days of Craftiness and today I am showing you a Valentine's Day card. However, this is a different type of Valentine Card for me.  

I had this pack of Heart Swing Cards that you can buy from Paper Wishes. (I sort of inherited them but that's another story.) And I was watching YouTube and somehow ran across the video explaining how to make them. So it's not hard. On the back of the label is a pattern for the different shapes on the card. The best thing to do is make a couple of copies and then you can trace and cut out. 

I made a couple of copies and got out some Paper Crate paper that I hoard and love LOL.  After I glued on the background pieces I just added things to the card that weren't too bulky because I know I was going to mail it.  Here is the card when you first get it. That is a Simon Says Stamp (swoon!) and a sticker and two sequin hearts on the middle heart.


Here is sort of an action picture of opening the card.


Ta Da! The other side! The little hearts in the middle I have had forever! I am so happy they got used on the spine of this card. Now- I made the mistake of not going all the way to the right edge. No worries! I cut an extra strip and used a fiskars punch and some washi tape. Shhh don't tell anyone-maybe the recipient will think I meant too ;)


This cute elephant is a print a cut from the Silhouette Design Store. They have so many cute images and you can make them stickers but I chose to print and cut on white card stock so I could move the elephant and those pink hearts around. Oh and the center heart has a Tim Holtz sentiment and some flowers which I have also had for a long time. Stash Bashing! ;)


Here is the card standing. I think this was pretty cool and different. And out of my comfort zone. I just wanted to have fun make Valentine's and that happened here. Over the next few days there will be a few more of these style cards so be sure to visit again! :)


I am entering this card into the following challenges:



Thank you for stopping by today! :)


1 comment:

Judy McKay said...

Love your swinging heart. Lovely designed card. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Judy McKay DT TTCRD
In Search of My Creative Side