Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Resolutions-A Scrapbook Page

Hello Everybody!

I knew this morning when I had a little time that I was going to work on my scrapbook page for Another Freakin' Scrappy Challenge.  The challenge is to talk about New Year's Resolutions for this year or of year's past.

So before I got started I skimmed through the updated blog list and stopped at Yvonne's Do More With Less.  She had spray painted her background, and I loved it.  But I more than loved it-I had to get out my stencils and spray something!

So here is my scrapbook page using a green Mr. Mister and brown Dylusions and a Crafter's Workshop Tree of Life Stencil.


So I had so much fun making this page.  One of the challenge's DT's had taken a picture of their shoes-and I thought that was a great idea too so I had to scraplift it! The sun is an embossed circle that I had colored with various color of distress inks and the I used a gear from Tim Holtz.  It's on yellow cardstock but I used this embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle called Guilded Ivory.  It's white with gold glitter.  So the gear has little bits of yellow peaking out-I think this may be my new favorite embossing powder!

Oh! And peaking out behind the shoes picture is a scale (stamp) from The Alley Way Stamps and there is also a measuring tape.  I just had to use those!  LOL :)  The Eat Your Veggies is an ATC I made a couple of weeks ago.

I wanted to share this with you too.  I had sprayed the stencil (right).  Then I took a piece of white cardstock and layed it over the stencil because the negative had mist on it.  So I gently rubbed it and used a brayer.  On the right side is how the ink transferred over.  And then there is a 2nd edition at the top of the original sprayed stencil.  Pretty cool!  I can't wait precious mist! :)


Thank you for stopping by today!  Until next time my friends...have fun misting backgrounds! :)

3 comments:

LolĂ´ Artesanato said...

Super cool!
tks for playing with us at AFSC
xx
Leila
:)

Mitralee said...

I love your misting! And Yvonne is super duper inspiring, is she not! Great idea for our challenge and the sneaker idea is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at AFSC!

Hugs from NY!

Mitra

Anne Pennington said...

Great take on the challenge - loving the misting!! Thanks so much for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge, Katy! Hope to see you here again soon!