Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1st Tag of the Year!

Hello Everybody!

I am super excited to show you this tag I made for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2013.  You can go here to see the original inspiration and how to make the tag.

So here's my version of the tag.  I kept to the original Tim tag except for a few things.  I don't have the film strip that he used so I stamped the film strip (from one of his stamp sets) onto a transparency and cut it out.  I am so going to do that again.  That was the first time I used that stamp-LOL!  My hand stamp is from Prima-I just got!  I used a different saying (Still T.H. stamp).  Oh and I used a different embossing folder for the background.


Here's a close up.  I made my gears differently too.  I put Martha Stewart white texture effect on them and then I painted it with gold dauber and silver and copper stain.  I also used a little black paint so they wouldn't be quite so bright and shiny ;)


I used a Making Memories clip since that is all I had.  But orange sherbert doesn't go with my tag so...


I got out the gold and silver alcohol inks...Ah yeah!


I also don't have the ribbon that Tim used.  But I have white seam binding like from the sewing section. A friend of mine gifted me a lot of binding and ric rac so I am super happy that this worked.  I stamped it with a stamp from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  The first set of music notes fit perfectly!  I heat set it and then I added sage and marmalade stain.  Scroll back up to the top and see it again-it's beautiful!  I think so anyways, and I am very happy at how this tag turned out.


Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...don't be afraid of trying new techniques!

7 comments:

Migdalia said...

A very Beautiful Tag!

Belinda Basson said...

I like your take on his tag. Great improvisations.

Anonymous said...

I like how you altered the cogs and clip to fit your tag. Nice take on the inspiration.

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Very nice job on the tag!

Jenny Marples said...

What a great version of Tim's tag. Love the way you have altered your bulldog clip and binding. Thanks for your lovely comments and I wish you everything you hope for in 2013. May it be the best yet. Hugs, Jenny x

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous! love the vintage feel...beautiful!

Claudia N. said...

Awesome take on the january-tag!!!! Love your gold and silver inked memories clip very much - also the script background!!!

Hugs,

die amelie x