Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Australia Day

Hello Everybody!

This week at For Fun Challenges we are celebrating our friends Down Under!  Sunday January 26th is Australia Day so this week's challenge is to use koala bears, kiwi, kangaroos or something else that is Australian.

I made a card using a koala bear.  I used the Zooballo cartridge for the Cricut to cut out the square with the koala bear.  I used mulberry paper to go behind the square and used a white frost Cat's Eye to brighten the frame.  The letters are cork squares that came with the letters printed on them, but I don't know where they came from (maybe the $1 store).  I brushed green Cat's Eye over the leaves on the tree.


I can't wait to see what you make for Australia Day!  Until next time my friends...Watch out for the Mozzies (mosquitos) Mates! :)

6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

so cute Katy...

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Adorable! He is so cute!

Jenny Marples said...

LOVE your koala!!! You've chosen the perfect background for him too. Hugs, Jenny x

Carly said...

I've never heard of Australia day, but I love the cute Koala!

yyam said...

Awww.....this is totally adorable! :)

Kathy D. said...

I didn't know it was Australia day! I was wondering why she picked it!! heeheehee. Oh what a perfect cricut cartridge for this. love how you added the ink to the leaves. Super cute