Friday, January 11, 2013

Little Valentine Card

Hello Everybody!

Tonight I made a Valentine's Day card for the challenge at Retro Sketches Challenge #45:


Here's my card: 

I am also linking up to 52 Card Pick Up 2.2.  Thank you Patrice!

Here's a closeup of the focal point.  I used a Cuttlebug Valentine folder for the background and Swiss Dots for the pink strips.  I had a scrap of the hearts that I cut with a Spellbinders square (I love these things!).  And the 2 hearts are Maya road.  The red one is painted with a red crackle paint.  The pink one is painted with pink acrylic paint and once that dried I put Rock Candy crackle paint on it.  I really like how the pink one turned out!

I got the idea for the hearts from Jen Mitchell who is the January headliner at Retro Sketches.  I thought that's so cute!  The other DTs samples are great too!  Go check 'em out! :)


Until next time my friends...It's Friday! :)

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

very cute..I love those embossed hearts...great Valentine Card

Kathy D. said...

This is stinkin' cute! Now I want that embossing folder...darn you!

Jenny Marples said...

Love that embossed background Katy! it works so well with all those lovely layers.
Thanks for dropping by earlier - btw, I stamped all the cardstock on the Japanese card (there were no papers used at all as I don't have any of that style, so I had to make my own:) Hugs, Jenny x

yyam said...

ooooh...this is soooooo pretty Katy! I love the embossed heart background and all the pink goodness!

Carly said...

The textured paper is a great effect here!