Sunday, March 4, 2012

Home is Where the Heart Is!

Hello Everybody!

I love the project I created this evening.  And I love that I get to share it with you guys!

I am submitting it to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp and Show: use Tim Holtz's Ideaology line--Paper, Key, Metal Flower, Bird, Letters and the key, crown, and star at top, Stickles, and Distress Inks.  I just realized that I used the same saying as the first DT's project!  Now that is some real inspiration!  :)

Moxie Fab:  Tuesday Trigger--Here is the inspirational photo...I had houses on my mind so that helped to direct this project.  Ideaology inspired which products to use!  :)


Simon Say Stamp: Anything Goes


Unique Crafters Challenge: Anything Goes.  This is a new challenge so go check it out!

So here is my project which is a wall hanging....


Here it is in better lighting.  The background paper is from Tim Holtz's Retro Grunge paper set.  This is the 2nd time I've used them.  I made a card with them for the Blog Hop and liked working with it.  Before I would just thumb through the paper stack.


I started off with a flap to an empty box of diapers.


I got out some of my Ideaology stuff...


I think the letters looked so pretty together after I ran them through the Xron machine.  I will be doing this again!


So here is the wall hanging.  Scroll on down and I will show close ups.


I used a few Tim Holtz stamps on the paper.  The key, crown, and star are from the grungeboard letter set.
I put Stickles on top of them after I distressed them.


The bird is from the birdcage die cut from Sizzix/Hotlz.  I used a pop dot for the wing.


This heart is grungeboard that I used an embossing folder on then used the Cuttlebug Heart die to cut out.  I distressed it with worn lipstick and then vintage photo....but it still wasn't right.  I sprayed some red Smooch on it and that was the ticket!  I outlined it with my gold leaf pen.  Then once I got the letters on, I used Glossy Accents to make it shiny.


The house is from Prima and I used a little distress ink on it so it wouldn't be this bright white thing.  Now it's less bright ;)  And there is a little Jenni Bowlin rub-on in the bottom corner.


The key says heart.  I used butcher's twine and rubbed it in some distress ink to change the color of it.


Here it is hanging on the wall.  Thanks for checking it out.  Until next time my friends...have a good night!

10 comments:

Katie Butler said...

What a fun project. I love the Tim Holtz embellishments as well. Thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters Challenge.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great piece of recycling to create your wonderful piece of art, love the little house and the lettering. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Annette Allen said...

so awesome...I love this...you are so creative and fun..

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Katy! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

SandeeNC said...

It looks fantastic and I love all the little details you put into it! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! I LOVE your design what a cute little sign!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Heather said...

What a wonderful creation, a stinning creation and so many beautiful details.

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Hearther xx

Khandrogos said...

I love all the little touches!

Angi Barrs said...

Wow this is fabulous! Love the metal key!

Carly said...

Neat design!