Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Halloween--2005

Hello Everybody!

Right now there is a use metal Challenge going on at Let's Scrap.  So I got out my Halloween stuff.  I have lots of metal embellishments there!

Here's the sketch....

This is the first time that I changed it up as much as I did.  I didn't have a CD or a tag to put on this layout.  So at first the witch was in that spot and then I moved her to the outside of the page because I thought it looked better there.

The paper-black is Recollections cardstock.  Orange polka dot--Making Memories  I don't know the green ooze brand but I got it at Michaels and had to use it.  I bought it a while back but it's so fun!


So here are some of my metal embellishments...


As I was looking at the witch, I thought about a door.  Well these are the only hinges I have and there are 3 different ones here in this package.  So I just used the smaller and midsize one together.  Sometimes you just have to make it up as you go along ;)


For the door I used my embossing stylus and a cutter and used the groove to make the embossed lines.  I used walnut Distress Inks to color the door and a brad for the door knob.  The door doesn't open.

For this page the bat (Tim Holtz) and the little trick or treat ghost are metal, too.


The swords are metal here and there is a metal bottle cap.  The key is Martha Stewart but I don't know if it's metal or plastic disguised and metal.  It was light in weight when I peeled it from the package.  Either way it still looks cool, and I'm glad I was able to use one!

Here's the close up of my journaling.


Close up of the swords and key.


This is the Karen Foster paper that my title was cut out of.  It was the perfect size!


Close up of my metal bottle cap--and so true!


Here's the whole layout.  Until next time my friends...have a ghoul night! ;)

3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

What a fun layout!
Hugs
Desire

sa_homespun / Michelle van Wyk said...

Awesome layout.. i love how you incorporated so much metal without overwhelming the page.. your witch is too cute..

Khandrogos said...

You can tell how much you love Halloween by looking at this card!
It's even better in person!