Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Circles and Glimmer Mist-A Fun Combination

Hello Everybody,

I realize that as I am typing that today is Tuesday.  With only like an hour left for being Tuesday and I totally spaced doing the Tuesday Tidbit.  My brother-in-law was in town for 6 days (hence no postings) and we took him back today and it didn't even occur to me!  Yikes!  Sorry about that.  Hopefully this will make up for it!

I am entering this card in 2 challenges.  The first one is For Fun Challenges: Circles.  The second one is for Simon Says Stamp and Show: make your own background.

Here's my card.  Scroll down and I'll show you what I did!


I got out my shadow box and circle punches and masks.  And I have Smooch Spray and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  (Although not enough colors in my opinion!) LOL


Start with the lightest colors and go dark.  It's easier to add then take away.  Here is a yellow Smooch and Jack o' Lantern from the Angels.  This is white cardstock from Recollections (Michaels house brand.)


So I took masked and spayed and masked and sprayed.  So fun!


Here is a piece that is a little more calm.  :)  I cut some circles using my Coluzzle and since they are sprayed they are now pretty die cuts.


This is the beginning of my card.  I took the sprayed circles and mounted them on a piece of black cardstorck.  Then I added the 2 circles near the right hand upper corner.


Here's a picture of the circle on the Xron machine.  I used the Xron for the circle paper as well.  This is so it will be flat.  I just liked the way this look.  Like a cool frame.  Maybe for later down the road!


Here's a side view of my card.  There is one little circle that has been pop dotted. :)  And the green circle in the fore front does come off of the card a little bit.  Salutations is a sticker from DCWV sentiment stickers from way back in the day.  I am using them but I love them!


Here is my card again.  Until next time my friends...time to play with spray!  :)

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

awesome design...love it

Candy C said...

Very cool card! I love your circles and how you used them both as a mask and then as an embellishment! Very cool design! Thanks for sharing your handmade background with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Teresa Kline said...

this is so cooool, luv the look..hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Khandrogos said...

The card has a really cool 3D effect to it!

Christine said...

Wow, this is so creative! I love that spray idea. I so may have to try this later. Hmm - you're right, need more glimmer mist...

Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges for our circle challenge. There is still time left to join in our Western Challenge. Hope you will...