Friday, January 1, 2021

Rainbow Card Challenge January!

 Happy New Year Friends! 

Welcome 2021! Does it feel different yet? LOL.

It's a new challenge over at the Rainbow Card Challenge. This month it's neutrals, and I hope you will join us!

First let me say I love neutrals! I love brown and black and grey. So I was overwhelmed because I really wanted to make a cool card.  So I looked at my pinterest board and found this card by Stacy at the Tattered Nest. (Go there after you see my card LOL).

So the technique for the background really inspired me and I will describe that some below. I used all Tim Holtz products for this card. :)


Here is the embossing folder and I stamped a tim holtz stamp in black soot on the flat part of the embossing folder (like Stacy explains to do). The stamp is the reversible one for a while back. I haven't used it in a long time so I was glad for the opportunity! I also sprayed the paper with water -and I used watercolor paper. Then I applied walnut ink and pumice stone with the foam applicators.


She shows using distress crayons also-so I used the vintage photo on the raised parts.  Tarnished brass is awesome in that it gives this delicate sparkle so I put that all over LOL.


I put a blend of pumice stone and walnut ink on regular paper and stamped the guys on it (also a Tim Holtz stamp) using ranger jet black archival ink. I took a water brush and outlined around them so I could tear the paper and you can see where the water reacted with the ink. I tore the paper along the water line so it would have a soft border and not a hard border like if I used scissors.  

The sentiment is from one of my all time favorite sentiment stamp set which is also Tim. I love the writing.  Then I inked the edges of the card with black soot distress ink.

I hope you will join us for our Neutral challenge! We can't wait to see what you make!
 
Until next time my friends...stay crafty!





2 comments:

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! Such a beautiful work you've done on this card, Katy ! When I struggled with neutrals, I can see that you had so much pleasure and fun to do your card. A really beautiful CASEd of Stacy's card. Fabulous ! Have a very Happy New Year and may all your wishes come true ! x

foleysfriend said...

This is truly a work of art. I love all the special details of your card.

sue n.