Monday, January 4, 2021

Gifted Background Birthday Card

Hello Everybody!

It is a new year and with that a little self reflection.  I am starting to know what my limits are-like I cannot make an elaborate costume or craft things out of wood.  I can't really work a saw and there wouldn't be room for one if I could.  But what I can do is make cards and various papercrafts.  I want to deliver a little magic to my family and friends in their mailboxes.  If I were to pick a word for this new year-it is magic. And I want to be able to make that happen.  

With that-I am trying to let go of perfection. A thing I put on myself all by myself.  That's what stops things from being created. My own "that won't be good enough."  The receiver doesn't know what it should look like per se. They are happy to be thought about. And life's not perfect. So here we go!

I bought this Taylored Expressions gifted background. They have this really cool process-it's more than a stamp. There is a matching stencil and matching die cut. I have become obsessed.

 


This card uses the stamp and stencil. The stencil is awesome in creating this change color effect on the presents. I have used this color scheme on a few more cards which I will share as the week progresses. A whole week of cards or projects! Yes please! 

So for this card I used Lovely Lilac cardstock from Stampin Up. The heart sequins are from Queen and Company. The sentiment is from rubber necker stamps stamped in lovely lilac with shaded lilac distress ink on the sides of the cut out sentiment. First I stamped the background and then used the stencil with distress oxides/inks in the picture below. I used my normal ranger round foam applicators.


Pinterest is a beautiful thing. That is where this color combo was that inspired me. 

I am entering this card into the Get Creative Challenges: Anything Goes no twist #97. (1/31)

So Cheers to a new year. Cheers to crafty fun and bringing a little more happiness into the world. Thanks for stopping by today! :)

1 comment:

Tristan said...

Gorgeous card Katy. Love that purply ombre background. Thanks for jining us at Get Creative this month. Tristan DT.