Monday, December 28, 2020

Festival of Trees Layout

 Hello Friends!

I was very inspired by the sketch at Stick It Down.  I love that wreath on the second page of the layout.  I also love Paige Evans-I am in her facebook group and she shares projects using her die cuts and paper lines.  So I saw the wreath on the sketch and my mine was like I can use a Paige Evans die cut.  So I did!

I am also submitting this layout to Challenge YOUrself-Anything Goes #84. I'm on the second page ;)

Here's my layout followed by the sketch:



I used an old Stampin Up kit called Christmas Jingle.  It was perfect because I was having problems matching all of the the other Christmas paper I had. LOL. The Merry Christmas Paper is from Hobby Lobby.  The border on the left is also from the kit. For the journal block I used decorative edge scissors. I have a lot of them, and I am trying to use them :) So yay! Then there are various brads and stickers and a tree button and a Making Memories square there to decorate. 

Here is the die cut wreath before I filled in with little papers. I am just happy my silhouette cut it out LOL. I know that sounds silly but I don't always have luck with intricate cuts.  I took the speed down by one and maybe that helped.  I was very proud of it LOL.


So here are the insides of the images.  They are so cute! I wanted to save them but I do no possess the patience for such an undertaking. I started and realized this. LOL.  I watched a video on Paige's youtube where she offers a few different ways to back the die cut. I chose flipping it over and tracing the paper I wanted it to go on (traced on the backside of it). Then cut it out with a border so I could glue it onto the die cut outline.  It took a few days a couple of hours here and there.


Ta Da! I used glitter paper, pattern paper, scraps, and even a paper where I had sprayed a pretty color on (the bell).  It was fun.  My husband wanted me to make it into a real wreath. He's so sweet! :) It's a little small but maybe that is an idea for later down the road. 


I have to show you one more die cut on this layout:


I got this as a little gift from Taylored Expressions for an order. I love it! And thought it fit perfect here.  They send the cutest little thank you gifts. I have others that I think are great. They didn't pay me for this advertisement but I think you should know!  :)

Thank you for stopping by! Until next time my friends!





8 comments:

Bethany.Roisland said...

What a great cut file! I'm going to have to go look for that one in Paige's group too! Fantastic layout Katy! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your die cuts are absolutely gorgeous! I love your 2-page layout and especially like the photo with YOU in the frame! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are very happy that you did!

Tracy P said...

Your die cut wreath is perfect! Love all the photos. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

Maya Yang said...

What a stunning double page! Love the die cut wreath you created with your wonderful photos. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month!

Antonia said...

Such a beautiful layout - I love what you did with the diecut! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down!

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout,the perfect Christmas wreath too, love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us over at Stick It Down challenge blog.
Tina - DT

Kim said...

Love how you used your ephemera to make a wreath! Fantastic layout! Thank you for joining Challenge YOUrself this month!

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Stunning layout, you did a great job with the cut file. Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself.