Sunday, July 31, 2022

Happy First Day of School Card

 Hello Friends!

The challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is Back to School. So when I was looking at my Tim Holtz dies the smaller house in ghost town 2 jumped out at me. Crazy right? But I was able to turn this little haunted house into a respectable place of education :)


I cut the house twice-red and black cardstock and then cut the roof to fit over the red house. I swiped chrome yellow archival ink from Ranger on white cardstock and fit it to the back of the house. The background paper and world is from a Prima paper collection called Engraver. I added two smaller paper dolls and she is sitting on a box of blank index tabs (from snippets tim holtz). I used vintage photo oxide ink and black soot distress ink in various places. 


Here's the haunted house versus the school house.


Here is how I made the sentiment and why the letters aren't perfect. I didn't have word stamps for happy first day. So I made my own words using this little stamp set from my husband awhile back :)

Thank you for stopping by! :)


1 comment:

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Brilliant card and very cleverly vintage themed for your challenge! Michelle x