Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Today is Full of Possibilities-Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Everybody!

Do you ever have one of those projects that you just start and little by little you add stuff but don't finish it?  I do or did :)  

Here is the finished project-it's a mixed media canvas I did.  I had started it.  Added this or that and put it to the side.  I knew what color I wanted to make it but maybe I was scared?  LOL I don't know until I saw the challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique-Tickle Pink-using pink in a vintage or shabby chic project.  And then-I knew this was destined to be pink, which was floating in my head but I just wasn't ready for a commitment yet.


So this canvas started a while ago when I had received some lace and ribbon from a friend.  I have lots of ribbon, but I thought how can I incorporate this into mixed media?  So with mod podge for fabric (which I believe is a wonderful adhesive for fabric) I created this and covered it with gesso.  I also added crackle paint.  I had no idea what what going to be the theme except maybe shabby chic.  


So then I got into making clay molds.  And I thought this would be a good place for some of them.  So the 3 stars and the flower a the bottom (on top of a metal filigree) are Finnabair and the row of flowers is a mold from Mod Podge.  Then I glued some little wood pieces and buttons. 


Then it was time to paint or spray the canvas.  I thought I had pink distress oxide spray.  Surprise! I don't.  First I tried to make my own.  LOL-this is why I don't make paints or sprays or any of those things-because I am not good at them.  I took a small bottle of water and added spun sugar distress re-inker and it was so light.  Then I added worn lipstick to the bottle which was better-but not really. So then  I took Festive Berries oxide spray, white distress stain, water, and Dylusions white spray and sprayed until I could get the festive berries light enough to make pink. :)


So here are going to be closeups.  I added this string of hearts to the cluster of ribbons.


I used clear Wedny Vecchi embossing paste to give some dimension behind the the ladies but when I pull up the stencil some of the paste came with it.  But it pulled up some of the spray and I thought that was cool.


These clay hearts are painted with Sparks paint by Finnabair.  Can I tell you how much I absolutely love this paint-it's called Unicorn Hair.  Fun name beautiful color! 


Here is a closeup of the buttons.  I used heather hills and sweet rose Finnabair waxes on the feather and sewing bodice.

These bottom flowers are made with clay and a Mod Podge mold.  Then I painted them.  Let me show you with what in the next picture.


This is close to my heart paint which I have had forever.  It's a bit iridescent.  It mixes with reinkers and the spray without getting weird. And that's how I painted those flowers.


Then I knew I needed a little more.  I stamped a couple of times in the background with weathered wood and stamps from Stamper Anonymous.  I added these fun paper flowers from Prima that you paint.  I painted them with Spun Sugar distress paint.  I added little pearls.  The really small flowers are from the paper studio (hobby lobby). And the sentiment is a theories quote chip from tim holtz.  I am really starting to love these.


Here are my ladies with the background behind them.  I colored their dresses with spectrum markers. This is one of my favorite Tim Holtz paperdolls because I think their are smiling and happy.  LOL. 


Here is my canvas all done. It's a 8X10 canvas.  



I am also entering this into:





Thank you for stopping by today!  :)


















7 comments:

sarascloset said...

What a fabulous mixed media canvas with so many details to enjoy! I love how you went monochrome with this, and your shades of pink are delightful! It was especially fun to see how your creative mind works as you outlined your steps. Thank you for joining us in our Tickled Pink challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the pink, the flowers and the stars!

Cec said...

Very pretty canvs. Love all the texture you achieved both on the background and with the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.
Hugs!
Cec

yyam said...

It turned out really great! LOVE the amazing textures and details.

P/s: I have a lot of half-done projects sitting in a drawer. Sometimes inspiration strikes and I just complete them. :)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous mixed media canvas love the pink and shabby chic look.Beautiful embellishments and texture
Carol x

Sheryl said...

Great mixed media canvas I love it.
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl
TTCRD DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

Dorlene Durham said...

Wow! Such a pretty canvas. I love the color and the images are fabulous. Thank you for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB