Friday, May 3, 2013

Happy Anniversary

Hello Everybody!

This card made the Top 3 at Shopping Our Stash!

There is a challenge going on right now at Shopping Our Stash and it's about Numbers!  This was a great starting point for me for making my husband an anniversary card.  We have been married for 5 years! :)

I used Tim Holtz's distres paint for the background.  I love them!  And I love love love the whole patina thing.  The 5 started off as a piece of black plastic but after some blue and green distress paint a little heat and some bronze distress paint it looks like it has been sitting at the bottom of the ocean for a little while!  The clocks (also have numbers) are rub-ons from 7 Gypsies.  I used Tim Holtz's chit chat stickers for the words under the five.


Here is the inside.  I used Tim's washi tapes and paint red and yellow distress paint over the top of it.  I did the patina effect on the 1 and used Making Memories stickers for the sentiment.


Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends have a great weekend!  It's time for National Scrapbook Day! :)

9 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

AWESOME distressy background, and great job on the patina look for the number. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Carly said...

Happy Anniversary Katy! I love the card. I hope you're able to celebrate with your hubby!

Annette Allen said...

Happy Anniversary.. woohoo.. how exciting.. love the card you made..

Marianne said...

I like what you did on the inside. Happy 5th!

Marianne said...

I like what you did on the inside. Happy 5th!

Marianne said...

I like what you did on the inside. Happy 5th!

Marianne said...

I like what you did on the inside. Happy 5th!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Lovely card Katy!! The inside is so cool..:) Happy Anniversary..:)

Desire Fourie said...

Love the colourful background. Great design.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}