Wednesday, May 29, 2013

All Boy Layout

Hello Everybody!

Over at Let's Scrap they have been doing a challenge a day to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day Month!  There are so many I want to do but time is such a factor!  There are a few that I am down to the wire on!  So I am going to post this and then go work on something! :)

There were 4 different ways to create backgrounds.  I chose to use spray mist and paint and stencils.  I used sketch 5-11-11.

The one tricky thing was that you couldn't use white cardstock.  So I have a light blue cardstock here.  It may look grey but it is more of a light blue.

I used a couple of different stencils.  I also have the cardboard from game pieces and I like to use those as stencils too.  I used Tim Holtz's broken china and salty ocean distress paint and a light blue acrylic paint from hobby lobby.  Also, I used a paint brush and painted circles and the edge with the dylsuions ink.  I just put the paint brush in the bottle.  I like doing that because it creates an intense color.


I used paper to create a mask and a stencil from Tattered Angels (at least that's where I think the swirls came from) ;).


I sprayed blue Dylusions ink.  I was in a monotone mood-which doesn't ever seem to ever happen but I had so much fun!  I used some sequins, rhinestones, and buttons from Martha Stewart and outlined some white letters from Making Memories.


Here's a close up of the journaling.


Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...have a great night! :)

1 comment:

Carly said...

The spray mist effect is very cool. I think my son is all boy as well!