Friday, March 27, 2020

Hello Beautiful!

Hello Friends!

4/40 Here is another card from the K & Company Cardstock Pad.  I am trying to use all of the cards in this pack.  I know why I haven't before-I was probably afraid and then just didn't know how to do them justice.

I still don't know if I am doing them justice-but I don't want them taking up space when they need to be decorated and sent out (at some point).  

So this is what I did with this busy flower card base.  I love Tim Holtz paperdolls and colored her with my spectrum markers (which didn't take long to dry!).  I had a piece of vellum left over that I stamped the wings (Fun Stampers Journey) onto using archival manganese blue.  And a small bit of cardstock left over from die cutting some stuff.  The Hello Beautiful are word stamps from Stampin Up 2005.  

The expression on this angel's face doesn't fit the sentiment exactly and I think that's what makes it funny.  Oh I also took Glossy Accents and outlined 3 of the tulips to help balance the texture.  

Do you have any crafty things that you are trying to use up?  



I am entering this into the following challenges:


Little Red Wagon #543 Leftovers-I used leftover vellum for the wings and left over cardstock for the sentiment 


Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends--stay healthy and stay safe.  Good bye Beautiful! :)



3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is perfection!!!!!

Mynn xx said...

Hey, Katy! This is hilarious! I absolutely love all the colors and textures. Thank you for joining us at Crafter’s Castle this month! I hope you join us again soon! Hugs! Mynn xx

Imke said...

The sentiment in combination with the image makes me smile. Great idea to use vellum scraps for the wings.

Thanks for joining our "Leftover" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon this week and i hope to see you back again soon. Stay healthy these times.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE"