Monday, January 16, 2012

Tuesday Tidbit-Cowboys!

Hello Everybody!

Well I have news to share with you in case you didn't know!  I have a Slice cutting machine.  I was at Michael's today and the cartridges for the Slice were $4.99--no lie!  I bought 5.  :)  But Making Memories isn't making that machine anymore--and that Making Memories is going out of business.  If it isn't true-please let me know!  In the meantime I will be stocking up on blades!

So I made a Valentine's Day card with one of my new Slice cartridges---Happy Trails.  It's a Western cartridge.  Now I am not at all a cowgirl, although I did learn a few country line dances back in the mid-90's when country was all the rage-but that doesn't make me a cowgirl by any stretch!  But this cartridge is so fun! 

So much fun that when I was done making my card, I realized that it fit into 2 challenges!

City Crafter Challenge Blog--#91 Back to Black-using silouttes--my cowboy

Moxie Fab--Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World--my cowboy and howdy

There's still time to play Moxie Fab so come on!  City Crafter ends in a little over an hour--so if you're quick you can still make it! ;)

Here's my card....Scroll on down, and I'll show you what I did!


I'll be honest--I love this card!  I was just going to post it been I love it so much that I had to share it with a few challenges :)  So here's my cool silouette cowboy from my new Slice collection.  It's 1 of 5 so be prepared to see more!


My square is 3X2.2.  I used this color box around the edges.  It's a subtle difference.


I used embroidery floss here.  It's the kind that goes from dark pink to light pink.  Then I took a different piece and made a bow at the center.


These are Making Memories letters that I put on a piece of white cardstock.  But then I used a pink dew drop to turn it pink.  The white was to bright so the pink helped to soften it.


This litte heart puncher made all of those cute hearts!


And here we are again!  A fun Valentine's Day card.  The Tidbit for today is that you can find Valentine's in unsuspecting places!  Until next time my friends...Yee Haw!

8 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow Howdy to you....this card is so fun...

cnelson said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!

Ros said...

So fabulous! what a great image ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

June Houck said...

This is really cute! A western valentine; you combined sweet and fun all in one card :)

Anonymous said...

I think this card is a Valentine to his horse. Hmm, maybe there's a market there!

Unknown said...

This is so darn cute.. Love your cowboy silhouette.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So cute, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Katy! Thanks again for linking up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)