Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fire Department!--A Scrapbook Page

Hello Everybody!

I am doing a year long challenge at Let's Scrap.  It is to do 100 scrapbook layouts by the end of the year.  I signed up for it and then thought-Am I crazy?  I can't do that!  Well, don't say don't!  I believe this is my 8th layout!  And if I did the math correctly...it's about 8 to 9 layouts a month.  Could it be--could I be on schedule!  Woo Hoo!

Ok so this layout was inspired by this weeks sketch at Let's Scrap.  I just used the first page of the sketch.


Also, I am going to submit this to the Scrapbookers Anonymous challenge: F--Fire department, firetrucks, and a cute little fireman! ;)

Here's my page.  Scroll down, and I'll show you what I did!


Here's my blank page.  I just got this at my LSS a few days ago.  Then the sketch came out, and I couldn't believe how perfect it was!


For the bigger picture, I didn't want it to cover the Fire Dept logo, so I used an exacto knife and cut a small slit into the logo.  The picture fits perfectly into the slit.  I didn't have to cut the picture (in case of a miscalculation), and I didn't cover the logo.  Win-win :)


Here's my journaling.  The font is "personal chicken scratch."  haha ;)

Here are some cute die cuts that I also picked up at the store.  These and the page itself are from Paper Studio.


Unfortunately, I couldn't use them all.  That's ok, I will save them for another day.  Here is a close up of the pictures and the firetruck die cut.


Here's the finished page again. :)  Until next time my friends...stay safe! :)

4 comments:

Lea said...

What a a cool layout! Love how it looks like the door of a fire truck! Great take on our F challenge! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

Theresa said...

awesome. love how you interpreted the F. very fun. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

Carly said...

Very cute! What is it with boys and trucks!

Lydia said...

Awww....cute page! So glad you played along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!