Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tidbit Tuesday-Garage Sales

Hello Everybody!

Happy Tuesday to you!  This weekend we went to garage sales.  There were garage sales galore!  And I had to share some of my finds with you.  This come at at great time because of Earth Week here at Cut and Paste, this is about not throwing stuff away but selling it in hopes for the seller to earn money, and the buyer to extend the life of stuff.

So here is an overview of what I bought.


Zippers for .50.  They are longer than normal pants zippers-there are 4 of them.  I think I use them with my Glubers and make flowers out of them.


This is a white butterfly applique-.25.

A medicine jar of googly eyes-LOL 50 cents (was .75 but I negotiated down)


This little suitcase magnet for .25.  I think it will look good on something altered...


A Creative Memories corner rounder.  I used to have one and lost it somewhere-it even had my name on it.  But that's ok, I have a new one now and though the sticker says $8-I paid $1 for it.  Score!


Blue Moon charms-I offered a quarter, she said she had to have .50 that they cost a lot more than .50.  Yes I know, I have bought charms too.  So 50 cents in is and I still scored!


Wooden circle letters, they seem like a generic craft item.  Twenty-five cents!  A little distress ink and these babies will be stylin' and profilin' in no time!


Plastic clovers--they're always after me plastic clovers!  LOL  For a quarter how could I not be after the plastic clovers?  I already have an idea for them!


Touille.  3 different kinds and a gold netting for .50.  They are remnants but this is awesome.  In scrapbooking and cardmaking this is enough for... I don't know--ever!


And oh yes...the buttons.  Now I may have paid too much for this little collection of buttons.  But I think they are very cool.  They were $3.  It was an older lady who said her husband was 90 years old and they were downsizing.  She had gotten rid of old cook books and it was time to get rid of some of her craft stuff.  These buttons were her grandmother's button.  I don't know about the antiquities of buttons but they are very cool.  So if I paid too much for the buttons, I made up for it with a great story :)


These plastic and not so dramatic buttons were .50.


So for a mere $7.50 I got some cool stuff I think!  They have been absorbed into my collection so hopefully you will be getting to see some of them real soon!  I've already used a pair of googly eyes on Sunday's Cricut dinosaur.

Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...stop by that garage sale-you never know what you'll find!

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Loving all your craft finds and I am sure you will be able to put them to good creative use.
Hugs
Desire

Angi Barrs said...

You got some great goodies. I need to go to some garage sales now that the weather is so pretty outside!

Carly said...

Wow, you had some great finds! We did a little bit of garage sale-ing, but did not get going as early as we wanted to, and had to get to a baby shower, so we just went for a little bit. I did get two toys for Ky. Remington is having one this weekend that I think we are going to try going to.

Helen Dooley said...

Lucky ducky!

Kathy D. said...

I don't think you paid too much for the older buttons at $3.00. They look cool and are probably worth more than that. Awesome finds!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Score! You did very well indeed!