Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Anything but a Card!

Hello Everybody!

Today is Wednesday so that means that there is a new challenge at For Fun Challenges!  And they let me be the Guest Design Team Member again-so Yay! :)  This has been so much fun!  Hopefully they will let me do it again (hint! hint!).  :)

This week's challenge is to make anything but a card.  It can be a scrapbook page, altered item, etc.  I altered a wood frame.  So come over and play!  I can't wait to see what you make!

I have collected a few wooden frames.  And I thought this is the perfect opportunity to dust one off and give it new life!  So here's my project.  Scroll down, and I'll show you some highlights!


I bought this 3 pack of frames from Ikea.  They just need a little jazzin' up!


I painted it with white acrylic paint.  Then once it dried, I put a 2nd coat on it.


This little tower of goodies is from Martha Stewart.


Everything here came from that tower except 2 of the pearl middles.  I used Glossy Accents to glue everything on.


These are Tim Holtz fragments.  This paper I think is Karen Foster.


I love keys!  So look at this wee little key!  This looks like the perfect place!


Here's my frame again.  I used Glossy Accents to put the fragments on too.


Here's another close up of the flowers.  I'm closeup happy! ;)


And here is a close up of the fragments.  I can't wait to see what ya'll create for this challenge!  Until next time my friends...step away from the cards :)

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

very cute...love decorating frames...

Angi Barrs said...

Your frame is beautiful. Love the flowers.

Cards By MI said...

This is very pretty. A lovely look of your new frame.
Love n hugs
Marie

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the way you have brought the frame to life-- what a coincidence that both our latest posts are of similar themes! I have also shared a recycling project and later a photo frame for for fun challenges!!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Helen Dooley said...

How cute! Im so glad you played along this week! I like all your projects!
Hugs!