Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday of Earth Week-Get out the Paper Towels!

Hello Everybody!

I hope you are having a great week.  Tomorrow is the last day for the Earth Day Challenge.  You still have time!  You can click here for the details!

Today for Earth Day Week I made a card using a flower made out of paper towels.  Scroll on down and I'll show you what I did!


I have this box for when I spray or mist my projects.  I took a Tattered Angels class and the teacher told us to put paper towels under our projects to catch the over flow.  She showed us a flower that she had made with the left overs.  How cool is that?!  So I put paper towels and sometimes tissue paper in my box.

Here's a paper towel.  You can see a square :)


Here's one that is not quite finished be sprayed on yet.


So I took a piece of black cardstock and embossed it with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  Then I painted Twinkling H2O's over it.  I used the one called Ice.  These colors really do twinkle as the dry!  So pretty!  Then in Emerald Green I painted the stem and leaves.  I probably painted 5 layers to get a nice green color.


I cut my paper towel into strips.  I did 1.5 inches wide.  Then I folded it into a rosette and glued the ends.


I found this chipboard piece and first tried to use alcohol inks to paint it.  That didn't work so I painted it with a white acrylic paint.  Then I really just didn't know what to do so I covered it with the Tim Holtz tissue tape.


Here's a close up.  I punched a hole in the chipboard and attached this little Thanks tag by Making Memories.  Thanks for stopping by today!  Until next time my friends...what will you make?


1 comment:

Khandrogos said...

You will have to look close to see that the flower is a paper towel. How crazy is that upcycle?
Looks fantastic!