Saturday, January 11, 2020

Altered Puzzle Piece

Hello Everybody!

I am excited to share with you today an altered puzzle piece that I made for my boss because she has a total appreciation for these things. I usually make her a thank you card but I have been making lots of thank you cards (which is awesome!) but I wanted to make something that wouldn't fit into an envelope.


It's a big puzzle piece like what younger kids play with when they are learning how to put together puzzles.  I painted it with black gesso and tried spraying it with festive berries distress oxide spray-but the spray did not dry very well on the gesso.


Here the puzzle piece is in the stamping platform getting ready for the cool Cathedral stamp from Tim Holtz.  I have to stamp it twice because the first time I forgot to put the anti static powder on.  LOL So I wiped off the first round of powder and versamark and did it again. Which resulted in...


This is becoming one of my favorite stamps!  I used Ranger Titanium Platinum embossing powder *swoon*.


These are from Tim Holtz and I painted white paint on the back of both of them so the color would pop.


This is a Melange art pebble from Prima.  I learned this technique while watching Anna on YouTube making a project using them.  Using the chit chat (TH) sticker you glue it with gel medium onto the pebble and put more gel medium over the whole surface and sprinkle glitter on it.  Let dry-unless you are in a hurry and don't let it dry completely.  The cloudy here is impatience LOL.  Patience will dry clear.


And then there are these dark blue paint bits here and there.  Not a lot.  Its from the Finnabair collection Opal Magic acrylic paint.  It is pink when paint on white and this blue color when painted on black.  It is truly magical.


I added a winter paper doll and glued the wings to her and adhered her to the puzzle piece.  I also added a word coin that I painted to the top.  (Why haven't I painted them before now?)  I used silver and black paint. I also used my crop-a-dile to make a hole in the top so it can be hung on the wall.


Here is the altered puzzle piece against red.  


And here I cut it out of it's original picture.  LOL I couldn't pick the best picture.  

But I totally love how this turned out.  My boss did too :)  So there will definitely be more of these made!

I would also like to submit this into the following challenges:

I went with Layers, Winter (the paper doll wearing a coat) and heat embossing.



Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends! :)


4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

SO gorgeous! Loving the colors!

sarascloset said...

This is such a creative transformation of a child's puzzle piece! I love the embossing and the way you've made the wings pop! Gorgeous make, and I'm tickled pink you shared your wall hanging with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog! Hugs, Sara Emily

Tammy L said...

Wow! I think this is really awesome! Great layers and textures! I just want to run my fingers all over it! Thanks for joining us at UYS and hope to see you again!
Tammy

Cec said...

What a fun item to alter. Love the embossing and the addition of the white to the back of the wings is brilliant. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.
Hugs!
Cec