Friday, April 26, 2013

Tim's April Tag

Hello Everybody!

I am so happy that I was able to make this tag.  My new local scrapbook store got in the regular and metallic Distress Inks-and I am so in heaven!  They are so fun!

I am submitting my tag to the Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2014 and to the Anything Goes! Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Challenge.  You can get all of Tim's stuff there and they are offering a generous $50 gift voucher to the winner of their challenge.  :)

So here is my tag using the paints:


There were a few things that I had to substitute.  I didn't have the dragon fly stamp on the clear material that Tim had so I used some other Tim Holtz stamps and a Fiskars dragonfly.  I stamped on a transparency to give this little guy wings.  I was at my local store making this during a crop, and I had forgotten my mini attacher so I just used glossy accents to adhere the wings.  The clock and arrow (hehe my mom-in law cracked up when she heard me say this.  She said that's a clock hand.  I called it an arrow-that's great) are done using mossy green, salty ocean, and broken china distress paint.  I LOVE this affect!  And it gets better with the number 4!


I used the little hooks to adhere my words of wisdom.  Another substitution I made was that I didn't have the dictionary tissue paper so I used the Tim Holtz stamp definition of Curiosity and distressed the paper it was on.  The 4 is from his new numbers collection that is normally black plastic.  But a few layers of paint and then the metallic paint and a little heat (and I mean just a little!) and this great patina 4 is made.  So awesome!!


I am still loving that 4.  It's like an old treasure!  LOL!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I appreciate all of your sweet comments too!  Until next time my friends...it's Friday!! :)