Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lessology Jar Challenge

Hello Everybody!

I hope everybody is having a great weekend!  This weekend I finished my altered jar for the Lessology Jars of Cuteness Challenge #5.

This was a really fun project to do.  I present...Daddy's Swear Jar.  Every time a bad word slips out, a quarter is deposited into the jar!  The jar is a Vlastc pickle jar and is my upcycled item.  Please scroll down because there are many angles to this jar that you must see!


This is the top of the jar.  There is a slit in the angry man's mouth wear the money goes.


 This is turned clockwise.  It's a lot of fun using extra exclamation points, number signs, stars, question marks, and ampersands.  I also included bubbles with angry words. :)


Turned again.

 Turned again.


Last turn back to the front.  The angry men are clip art from Microsoft.com.  I just printed them in color on my printer.


I used my Exacto knife to cut the slit for the coins.  This angry man is glued to the jar opening.  I used a light layer of Glossy Accents.


I just put a little glue on the ring of the jar.


The label was probably the most challenging part to this project.  It took me 3 times to get it straight!  I used the 5 inch Xron machine so that the label would stay on the jar.  I had to use a dissolving agent to get it off 2 of those times :)  If you have any questions, just let me know!


Here is my bottle before the transformation.


Until next time my friends...no swear words!  They cost a quarter!









8 comments:

yyam said...

Hehe....this is the cutest swear jar ever! Lovelovelove the fun idea and all the clip art images!!!! I wonder how long it would take to fill this up??lol

Thanks for playing along with us at LESSology Katy! :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is absolutely the cutest and funniest jar, great job, thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

Angi Barrs said...

LOL This one made me SMILE! It's so clever and adorable. Thank you so much for playing with us at Lessology. :)

~amy~ said...

I LOVE it! How fun is this?! Love your take on the LESSology challenge...thanks so much for playing with us!

Anonymous said...

Too bad Daddy doesn't swear. I guess it will be empty!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ha! How funny and what a great idea! Love the opening for the money, and what fun images you found to use. This makes me smile.
Thanks for playing along with us at LESSology.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL! LOL! LOL!! This is sooooooooooooooo cute! I loveeeeeeee it! Thanks so much for playing along with LESSology! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Dora said...

This is so very cute, thanks for playing!