Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bonus Birthday Card-Mickey Mouse

Hello Everybody!

I am excited to bring you a middle of the week project.  I love participating in the different challenges online.  They are also great sources of inspiration. 

This card is for Wee Memories WMC74 --Brads, Buttons, and Bows. 

Here is the finished card.  It's for my little cousin Lily who is turning 5.  She loves Mickey Mouse!

Scroll down to see how I made this card...


First I put my background paper on my 4x5.5 base card from Recollections.


Next I get out these little rub-ons that I have had forever!  Originally I was going to put the special written in the Disney font on the silver brad.  However, these rub-ons are so old it would not rub onto the metal!  But that's OK!  I was able to rub it on paper, and cut it out.


On paper...

This is the back of the Mickey Mouse balloon brad.  I tied a piece of embroidery floss to the back of the brad.  I knotted it twice.


Here's the front.

Using the Cricut, I cut the 5 from the Opposites Attract cartridge.  It's about 3.5 inches, and I used the blackout feature.  The first time I cut out the 5, it was wrong.  The Mickeys were going the wrong way!  LOL  I don't cut out patterns I guess because it didn't cross my mind! 

I used pop dots for the 5 and put the special on the 5.  The floss is tucked into the 5, and I used a glue dot to keep the floss under the 5. 


Until next time my friends...stay magical :)

4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

What a great use of a brad--love it! :)

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness! You had me at mickey balloon! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Swathi said...

Very creative !! nice card

Amy Kolling said...

Who wouldn't LOVE this? Seriously, I don't know a single person that would turn this cute card down! Thanks for playing along with Wee Memories!