Friday, October 21, 2011

Tattered Angels Halloween Cards

Hello Everybody! and Happy Friday!

I'd like to extend a Welcome to our new Followers that joined this week!  Thank you!

I have to say I am pretty proud of myself---each blog entry has been about Halloween for the month of October!  I wasn't sure if I could do it--but as fast as the end of October is approaching--I was able to!  Yay!

For these cards I used Tattered Angels small scale Stencils that I bought at the Scrapbook Expo back in May.  It looks like you can still buy them...just Google!  They are called Glimmer Screens.

Also, I used the Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist.  (Love it!)

So for my first card I used repositionable glue and centered my pumpkin stencil on my card (the blank cards I get at Michael's.)


I have a box set up where I spray my projects.  I line it with paper towels so I can capture some of the off spray for another project.  You could easily put paper also.

So I first spray with a yellow Tattered Angels (it's best to go from lightest color to darkest).


Then I "rub" off the excess using a paper towel.  You can also blot, so it depends what look you are going for.

By accident I picked up the yellow again.  So I will rub off the excess again.  I learned that is sort of intensified the color.  Yay!


Here I added the orange mist and rubbed off the extra.


Now the card is wet-even after removing the excess.  I allow it to dry for a few minutes (depends on how saturated the paper is).  Then I remove my pumpkin.  Do you see how it is curling at the bottom?  I put it under a heavy book so it will flatten out.  And my card is all done!  Just put a sentiment on the inside!


 Here is another card I did using the spider web stencil.


What else did I learn from my first card?  A little mist got on the inside.  It's not a terrible thing, but to prevent that from happening again, I put a piece of paper in between the front and back of my card.  The paper will turn out pretty from the sprayings!


This time I used yellow, orange, red, and a blue color.  The blue I did lightly.  It's cool to see the different colors layer.  You can see where I rubbed the extra.


The web is a bit challenging to rub.


So I blot.

Here is the finished card without the spider web.  And this is a nice picture showing the different colors.


Until next time my friends, keep misting!

1 comment:

Carly said...

How do you come up with such creative ideas? Your card is really neat!