Thursday, October 6, 2011

Halloween cards on a Budget!

Hello Everybody!

I am so excited to say that I made 2 cards from 1 packet of my fabulous Target find from Tuesday.  Let's get started!

The first card I use my normal card base, scissors, and glue (dry glue--photo splits).  I'm telling you this because I thought, what if I didn't have stamps or punches or a bunch of different scrappy things.  So the first card is just paper and the basic of the basics...

Included in the pack is plain black paper.  I cut it to the size of my card.  I use dry glue because this is not a thick paper and wet glue may cause the paper to buckle.


I started cutting words out of this cool paper.  I started from the bottom, that way I can use the rest of the paper in a different project.


I cut out the squares with Halloween icons from this paper.  I cut from the left here...the icons are different in each column.  I didn't start from the bottom because some of the icons are cut off. 


I adhere the squares along the top and bottom of my card.  The squares are 2 toned from the paper, and I keep them that way. 

Now I add the words that I cut out.  I cut my photo splits in half so the adhesive is hidden.  The inside is blank.  If you have a Happy Halloween stamp put it on the inside or hand write it. 


My next card I used some of the things I already have.  I cut the spider paper to the size of my card.  This paper came from the first set of papers where the words and icons came from.


I have this "yarn" stuff.  I don't know what it's called because I've had it for a long time and don't have the label for it anymore.  But what I do with it is easy.  I just wind it around my finger a few times.


I made a little ball.

I get my red line sheet adhesive out and cut a small circle out of it.  Taking the backing off of the sheet, I place the circle in the middle of the card.


Then I take off the top part of the circle to expose the sticky adhesive.  I put the little ball of yarn on top of that and try to hide the end of the yarn on the underside where the adhesive is.

I add googly eyes to the ball using Ranger's Glossy Accents (a wet glue).  You may can use glue dots too, you just want to make sure the eyes stick to the texture of the yarn ball.  This is going to be a spider (as if you didn't already know)!  Then I cut eight "legs" out, trying to keep them about the same size.


With the Glossy Accents I make a thin glue line with the joint for the spider leg.  Then I carefully put down 1 of the short pieces of yarn on the glue.

All done!  One thing to keep in mind is the bulk of the spider body.  You may want to put it in a larger envelope so it will arrive safely to its destination.  A substitution would be to use regular black yarn, and you could add glitter to it to make it snazzy!  Until next time my friends....stay spooky!

No comments: