It's late but I did it! I completed my scrapbook page for Let's Scrap Challenge 126. There were a lot of components to this challenge so I hope I explain this clearly. (It is way past my bedtime!) ;)
The recipe for the challenge was made by Jeaune Viljoen DT. I picked this sketch based on the recipe which was:
- ONLY One picture;
- 7 different sheets of paper;
- The paper HAS TO BE pattern paper (no cardstock) and from a range that you have NEVER USED BEFORE;
- The layout has to have a title which is already included in the paper, as well as a subtitle (I did mine with a rub-on);
- When it comes to embellishing:
- Some ribbon;
- 3 Flowers;
- 3 Brads (the three flowers at the top of the layout are brads);
- One metal embellishment and
- A button **in my late night stupor I originally forgot this but I have fixed it :)
For Christmas I got Echo Park's For the Record collection. It came with papers, a sheet of letter stickers, and a sheet of matching embellishment stickers. Love it! So the papers match, hence making my life easier. This is the first time I have used Echo Park so I was super excited that I had to use it. Instead of just admiring its beauty like I would have otherwise. Not using any cardstock did scare me...but I was able to make it work. Whew!
Here's 2 different papers done.
The sketch shows stitching and I was going to omit this part but I thought it would look nice with it. So here's a funny story. I have the Sew Easy kit. I can't find the handle. The main part of this tool is no where to be found. So I get a piece of scrap kraft paper and push the design part down hard and create a template out of the kraft paper. I went back over it with a piercer to make sure the holes were good.
Here's my template.
I matched it to the paper and I could kind of see the paper underneath, some red and some lighter color.
Well I was a little off, but I like it. Maybe I meant to do that ;)
On the other side is stitching as well, but I decided to change the stitch and color. Also, this is normal embroidery thread, but I divide it into 3 strands.
Four papers--I'm getting there!
Once I have all of my papers ready, I need to make my photo pop. But no cardstock! So I used the Paper Studio's white ribbon to make a frame.
3 Flowers and 3 Brads! check check! And the flowers looks so much better with these light green square brads!
Metal embellishment--hanging from the ribbon...
The title was quite challenging. Remember this was printed in a strip with other strips. So I made part of the strip go down the side on the left like the sketch calls for. Then I cut off a remember this for the title. This was the only words printed on paper I had (besides the dictionary paper) so I used stickers from the collection. Then I did a little journaling so I would actually remember where I was when this photo was taken :)
Here is my scrapbook page again. I love how it turned out!! This challenge rocked! Until next time my friends...good night :) **Here is my layout without the button (the better picture of course!)
Here's where my button is.
And here is the completed page with the button. Sorry about that! :) Thanks for stoppin' by!