Wednesday, August 17, 2022

2 Mixed Media Cards

 Hello Friends,

I made a couple of mixed media cards. I was inspired by the challenge at The Funky Junky Boutique: Chillin' in the Heat. So the challenge is to either to use hot colors like reds and oranges or cool colors like blues and greens. And because I am literal and cannot make a decision-I made a card for both cool and hot. :)  


So for Christmas I received these Ranger tools that make textures in paste. For the hot card I spread Distress Texture Paste matte on to a piece of Stampin Up paper. You can see the design below.  And then I used this took to make those specific grooves.


This is the cool card.


Here are the sprays I used for the hot card.  I used a spell binders die for the sentiment and some little white gems.


Normally, I don't think I would put the gems like how I did. But here is why--LOL so I must have put the paste on too thick because the paper bent and you can see cracks in some places. I know it's not mixed media paper so maybe a duh moment-however I have a lot of pattern paper, and I can either donate it or use it. Right now I'm trying to use it, and I like how it looks on this card. 

So I sprayed the card and when dry the paper was bowed. So I put a box on it and these mysterious green dots appeared.  So I covered them but they were perfectly lined so I had to add a few more ;)



Here are the colors I used for the cool card. I used a Tim Holtz sizzix die cut and star.


Thank you for stopping by! :)


5 comments:

Larimore2 said...

If you ask me; those cracks in the pasted areas just add more texture to the cards!! I’m very pleased you did BOTH hot and cold; I’m not able to choose very often, myself, and end up making every choice available to cover ALL the bases. Lol! So in moho, you rocked this challenge!
This is the first I’ve seen of this type of tool, so THANX for introducing it!!
And thanks so much for sharing your “hot” & “chillin’” makes with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Suzanne C said...

Sweet idea to use the complimentary hot and cold colors on either side! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Janna Ketchum said...

Fantastic texture on these beautiful cards! Love that you made on of each for hot and cool colors. Thank you for joining TFJ Challenge! ~Janna

Lisa Hoel said...

Great textures and colors! I'm glad you made one of each too. Thanks for joining us at the Funkie Junkie. =)

Laura Gilhuly said...

Fabulous cards with great texture! Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!