Saturday, August 1, 2020

Radiantly Ruby!

Hello Everybody!  

It's a new month and that means it's time for a new color! This month we are all about Radiant Ruby at the Rainbow Card Challenge!


There is a lot of wonderful inspiration here.  I mean look at those shoes!  I went a different way with an apple--


School starts here in August-so I thought this was a perfect color for a welcome back card for my son's teacher.  

The base is white cardstock, then glitter cardstock, then embossed cardstock (Stampin UP), and then the apple and hello are cut from Heidi Swapp toner paper and I used foil and my minc machine on them.  The hello is a die cut from Tim Holtz and has a vellum background on the word itself.  The apple was cut using my silhouette machine.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:




I hope you join us!  Until next time my friends!



8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the apple!!!

Elena C said...

Hi Katy, this is Elena from the Rainbow Card Challenge. I'm so glad to be on the team. Cute card!!! Love the background you made and that big apple!! So right on for a teacher... Hope your school year goes well.
Elena, Rainbow Card Challenge DT

Michelle W said...

Cute teacher card, I'm sure your son's teacher with love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Elizabeth Hart said...

A perfect back to school card - and love the red!! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Nandini said...

So cute! I love the textured background. Makes me wish I had my embossing folders with me!

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful ! And what a delicate attention for your son's teacher. Love how your red glitter card stock background reminds the shoes on the photo. Your white embossed background is very pretty and your apple definitely pops up beautifully on top ! Love it. x

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's stunning, Katy!
Hugs,
Em

foleysfriend said...

A perfect card for a teacher! Love all the beautiful layers to your card.

sue n.