Sunday, August 6, 2017

Shaker Cards

Hello Everybody!

I am back!  Time is a funny thing-I was away from my blog a lot longer than I thought!  I knew I was going to take a little break.  I was sort of evaluating how I did my blog.  Like was I going to change anything?

I've been making projects here and there.  I can't stop making.  And I have taken photos of my projects.  But I haven't been able to type them up and-this is a biggie-get them into a challenge.  I have become so challenge driven that I couldn't make something without it being inspired by someone other than myself.  And that started to effect my mojo.  So I took a step back.  Realizing that it's ok to make stuff however I want to make stuff.  Am I still going to do challenges-Oh YEAH! I love the opportunity to have my card on the winners page or win a prize-please don't misunderstand me! :)  But I have to make stuff for myself also, which is how I got here in the first place. :)

So are there going to be changes?  Just a few in that I am going to post some things just to post them.  I want to have an online record of making a card or some mixed media project-even if it isn't tied to a challenge or something.

So I am going to start with a couple of Shaker Cards that I made in the beginning--maybe a year or so ago that never got posted.



This card with the stars is made using the diamonds from Queen and Company.  The stars are cut from my silhouette.  I used my Fuse to make the little bags for the diamonds.  And before I gave this card out-I put a thank you in white in the right corner.  But I don't have a picture of it completed.  I was very happy with this card when it was done.  And I loved shaking those diamond pieces. :)



How did I miss posting this card?  And I made a boy version of this card but can't find it right now.  The frame and dino were cut from my silhouette machine also.  This shaker uses a Queen and Company rectangle to keep all of the fun bits from falling out.  

I LOVE shaker cards.  They are so fun to make.  My favorite part is picking out what goes in the shaker.  :)

Thank you for stopping by today.  Until next time my friends--it's time to shake things up! :)

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are sooooooooooo fun!!!! I love the shakers!!! And I totally get it!! We all have to create for ourselves too! :)

Annette Allen said...

yay for shakers.. totally cute