Friday, May 1, 2015

House of Cards May Technique

Hello Everybody!

Is everyone else in a flurry like myself?  LOL!  So many things to do before the new month starts-and you can't stop time.  I tried ;)

There is a new challenge at House of Cards.  This month the challenge is to use the Bokeh technique.

Here is my card:


For me sometimes it's easier to see a technique on YouTube.  This is the video I used to create the Bokeh effect.  I liked the way she decorated the corner so I think I cased her card (subconsciously).  Thank you Diane! :)

The swirl is from my Silhouette machine (bought from the store) and the pink shape is a mover and shaker by Tim Holtz.  I used a Fiskar border bunch along the side.  

These are the colors I used for the background:


This is such a fun technique!  We can't wait to see what you make!  

Until next time my friends...yay for circle stencils! :)


14 comments:

Merethe A said...

Hi Katy. Like your colos and the card here. Fun to see what you other girls have made.

Ma (✿*‿*) HOC DT
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!

Donna said...

Katy, this is gorgeous, fabulous background and colors and like the simple but stunning embellishing. Donna HOC DT

Toni said...

Your card has a really dreamy effect with the way you've done the background colors. Love it!

Toni
HOC DT Teamie

Michele K. Henderson said...

Katy, this is really pretty! I love how beautifully these colors are blending together! Very lovely!
Take care!
Michele
HOC DC teamie

Monika Reeck said...

Katy
seriously this is AMAZING
I love the videou that the link you put here and I love that yellow between your blue and purple and green color there..you have a great ink...and your embelishment add a perfect touch...I dont have that Ink also I only used my distress ink from Ranger (Tim Holtz) and the result is different than yours..I love your card Katy..
ADORABLE DT CARD
see you soon on my Blog teamie..
hugs,
Monika
HOC DT Teamie

Mynn xx said...

LOVE these beautiful spring colors, Katy! Your use of dies is fabulous, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Katy! I love the colors you used for your Bokeh! The CAS look to your card really accents the Bokeh! Have a great day!

sue t. said...

Beautiful card, it really showcases the bokeh technique!

Unknown said...

Fab card Katy, love the colour combo.
Lorry :o) xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty you background! Wonderful color combination! Have a great weekend, teamie!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Katy! Beautiful background and I love the swirl!
Hugs, Tammy

Barbara Rankin said...

Katy, I so love this card. Your color choices are spot on and I am a huge fan of flourishes. Hugs, Barbara HOC DT

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I really enjoyed doing this technique and your card is great! Thank you for the inspiration over at House Of Cards Katy! Hazel xx