Sunday, December 7, 2014

Hello Everybody,

It's so weird to think that this is the last Great Impressions Challenge for 2014.  But not to worry--2015 will be full for fun challenges!

The challenge this month is Use a Great Impressions Stamp-Anything Goes.  It doesn't have to be Christmas-but we are still very much in the Christmas Spirit! :)

Here is the angel that I colored for my card.  This is stamp F461 Christmas Angel.  I used a silver photo pen for the detail work.  Then I went back over with a finer black pen.


Here is my completed card.  I added Crystal Stickles to her wings and red Stickles to the holly in her hair.  Silver outlines the oval.


For the white cardstock part I embossed the paper with a special plate that has an oval cut out.  This is from Tim Holtz.  I made sure that Christmas Angel would fit then I placed the paper in the embossing folder.  I have a Cuddlebug so I used a B plate and then this was the other plate.  It is very cool that the oval was not embossed so I could stamp and color my angel.


Usually I put the sentiment on the outside of the card and leave the inside blank.  But I thought that the angel should take front and center stay all by herself.  So I stamped this sweet sentiment on the inside: B218 Magic in the Air.


The GI Design Team and I are so excited to see what you will create with the Great Impressions Stamps!

There plenty of time to buy Great Impressions stamps for this challenge.  Just go Here!  :) For more inspiration be sure to check out our Facebook Page and Pinterest Boards.

Until next time my friends...Enjoy this magical time of year! :)


4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo beautiful! I love love love that angel!!!!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

How cute this is Katy...the glitter is gorgeous
Cheers
Dr Sonia
My latest post: How I repaired my Big Shot

Leslie Germain said...

Adorable angel! Love the card you created!!!

Mynn xx said...

This turned out so darling, Katy! LOVE the fun frame you created around the angel--especially the glitter! Super awesome! HUGS! :) Mynn xx