Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Little Sunshine

Hello Everybody!

I hope you had a super terrific Holiday!  I did!  It was great spending it with family and eating delicious food!  I got some pretty cool gifts too.  And you know they are scrappy goodies!  So I will be sharing those with you guys over the next few weeks.

Right now I want to share with you a card I made for Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges: SNSSC14.  Here's my take on the sketch.

I am also submitting this card to Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes!


I used stamp set 158 Tropical for the sun and palm tree.  I stamped the sun on acetate once, then reinked and moved the flames a little to make more flames on the sun.  I used Stickles orange and yellow to make the flames glittery.  I used a light green Stickles for the palm tree and gold Distress Stickles for the trunk.  The background paper is from Fancy Pants.  The sentiment is from the Sparkle N Sprinkle Blossoms set.  I used Faded Jeans Distress Ink to stamp it.


Here's the sketch.  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...have a happy day! :)


8 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is amazing..that sun is so cool..

Desire Fourie said...

Katy this is a lovely little happy scene you have created here.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Joy said...

Such a fun Summery card.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Jingle said...

This is really pretty and the glitter is just fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! Happy New Year!

Barbara Bruder said...

Hi Katy, Happy New Year!! Love your card.It really warms me up since its cold up here in KY. I especially like how you did the sun and the palm tree. Thanks for joining us at the SNS challenge this month.

E. Marie said...

Katy, what a wonderful summer card during this chilly time. Love the background paper you used and all the sparkle on your creative sun and palm tree.

Donna Ellis said...

Katy, what a wonderfully Florida-like card! Love the background paper with your tree and sun. Amazing wave! Thanks for playing at the SNS challenge this month!

Jacqueline Smith said...

What a fabulous card using the sketch! Love the tree! Thanks for playing with at Sparkle N Sprinkle!