Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Mojo has Returned!

Hello Everybody!

Finally!  I have made a card!  It feels like forever.  Hopefully the creativity will start to flow like a river!

I had help from these 2 challenges-there's still time to play so go check them out!  The colors are from Make My Monday and the sketch is from Unscripted Sketches.  Thank you for the help! :)




Here is my card.  What's funny is I was trying to make an anniversary card.  Once I had my paper and flowers I realized that this was way to girly for an anniversary card!  You gotta go where creativity takes you! ;)


Paper is probably some old DCWV (they were scraps I had).  The pink polka dots however are My Mind's Eye.  The flowers are flowers from way back when they used to sell them in those little jars.  The centers are light green from Kaiser.  The sentiment is from TPC Studio stamps with white embossing powder.

Here's a closeup of my butterfly. I used a Martha Stewart punch on yellow cardstock and red line sheet (which I am very happy that that actually worked!)  I used Evening Glow glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle and Tim Holtz Stickles Pink for the center.


Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...have a glittery day! :)

14 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Katy Gorgeously creative. Beautiful colours and embellishments. Hugs Desíre Doing Life Digistamps4Joy DT Member Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

Mynn xx said...

It's SOOO pretty, Katy!!! LOVE that glittery butterfly! Glad the mojo is back--I hate when I lose mine. It was gone once for almost a year! :( BUT--thanks for joining us at MMM with your amazing card! :)

Tracey Holdyk said...

Oh I love this card and what a great take on this weeks sketch. Love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches.

SmilynStef said...

Love the glitter ... such pretty colors too ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is pretty Katy and I love that glittery butterfly!

Geri said...

I am so happy that our Unscripted Sketch helped with the missing mojo (hate it when it just disappears!). The glitter butterfly is beautiful! Your color combination is perfect for a birthday card. Thanks for sharing!

Billie A said...

Very cute card and love the butterfly. Thanks for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches.

billie
http://stampinwithinkonmyfingers.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

Lovely card! That butterfly is so cute! Great to hear your mojo is back! Hugs, Sandra

Annette Allen said...

wow this is really pretty...love that butterfly...

StephG said...

beautiful card..love your take on this week's sketch. Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Very cute and whimsical. Thanks for playing at unscripted Sketches.

Jacqueline said...

Lovely card - thanks for joining in at MMM - Jacqueline xx

Cazro said...

A very pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at MMM. Caz

Fliss said...

Gorgeous creation with the colour wheel challenge requirements.
Thanks for entering and good luck!
Fliss x