Friday, June 15, 2012

I Love You Card

Hello Everybody!

I have a couple of more Father's Day cards to make but with the help of the challenge at Our Creative Corner-I made one tonight leaving just one more to go!

The challenge is to make a project using your favorite Tim Holtz technique.  When I saw it I knew I had to play along.  You can go here to see the challenge and the DT's beautiful creations!

I am also linking up with Simon Says Stamp and Show-Anything Goes!

So here is my card.  It is for my husband for Father's Day.  I used the technique on page 38 of Tim Holtz's A Compendium of Curiosities Volume 2.  It is the Tissue Wrap Collage.  I first did this technique a few weeks ago at Studio L3.  At first I was skeptical but once made a tag-I love love LOVE this technique.  Let me show you a couple of close ups!


If you look closely you can see some musical icons in the background.  The rub-ons are Kaiser and the chipboard letters are Heidi Swapp-the heart Tim Holtz.  The tissue paper is also T.H.  My mom-in-law gave me the key and lock which are brads.  The musical notes are from Sparkle N Sprinkle.


Here are some music notes right here.


This is an awesome technique.  Tim Holtz is brilliant!  Until next time my friends-go play-make something today :)

8 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Oooo, I LOVE THIS! The key is a fabulous touch and I just adore your amazing stamped panel!!! That is awesome, Katy!!! :)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, the texture in the background is fabulous, great technique. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This card is gorgeous...love the tissue paper background and your inking colors are fabulous!

Carly said...

This is really neat, but it looks like one that would be neat to see in person.

Ann said...

what a great card.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Katy
I have not seen much of this Technique about in such a degree, so I was very interested to see the close up view on the mixed media.
I can see your musical notes, and the collage looks great with the different textures and dimension at play here, a wonderful man's card, and you have worked this technique extremely well.
Thank you so very much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner, we are so pleased to see your work.
Smiles:)
Sue

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a cool technique! I love the dimension of the background and the soft shading you added. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner! :)

Khandrogos said...

This looks familiar. Hmmmmm
Great card and so different from other cards you've made.
Love it!