Saturday, June 1, 2019

Vintage Elephant Birthday Card

Hello Everybody!

I'm so excited to show you this fun card.  I had to wait a little before I posted it-I didn't want her to see it too soon.  

I used a stencil and paste for the background.  Then I used distress inks and added water to make a watercolor out of them.  

I added some lace that I was gifted.  The lace is cool because it has gold scallops.  The Wish is a Tim Holtz ticket and so are the stars.  I purple dots are Nuvo Drops.


The elephant is from a Steampunk show I went to.  The vendor had old jewelry blanks and pieces because they bought a warehouse of stuff from a company that went out of business but had been around for many years.  I love this elephant but it was time for him to go :)  The metal flower is from an earring I bought at the show too.  There were many metal flowers on the earrings so I still have a little stash of those. ;)


I am submitting this card into the following challenges:



Seize the Birthday Anything Goes  #166 with an option-I didn't do the option


Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...stay colorful! :)


4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that elephant!!!

Ashwini Rao said...

What an awesome card!! A fantastic assortment of so many elements - I can see that you had fun bringing them all together, and I am sure, so did the receiver looking at them! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday challenge!!

Dawn T said...

Great mixed media car. so much texture. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week. Dawn - DT

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a beautiful card, Katy! I love all of the gorgeous colors, the wonderful textures and especially love that elephant!!! Thanks also for stopping by my blog1 Hugs, Sharon