Thursday, June 20, 2019

Pipes Thank You Card

Hello Everybody!

I am happy to show ya'll a card that I made with a die cut that I have been wanting for a long time-and finally bought!  Yay!  It's the Pipes from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.

Here's my card:


So I knew I wanted to do something grungy with the pipes.  And I saw a video on YouTube-and I knew what I was going to use--sand and some tiny 3-D balls from Powertex to create the mixutre.  The lady on the video altered a phone so if you would like to see that check it here

First I cut the pieces out of watercolor paper so I would have stronger bases.


I used distress rusty hinge and fire brick inks to give the pieces color and then I used gel medium and glossy accents to put the sand and balls on.


I wasn't 100% sure how this process would go.  So I painted everything black!  Using black gesso.


It gets a little crazy here.  I used foil tape paper by Ranger and embossed it.  I used caramel and red pepper alcohol inks on the embossed foil. (I don't have the newer alcohol inks boo!)  Then I grunged it up a bit by adding and wiping black paint.  This background looked great when finished-but you know this doesn't get used.  No-it competed too but with the little pipe pieces-and I couldn't have the background still the show.  I liked the brick so much that I used just plain o' black cardstock.  But I had to share this!  It's beautiful ;)


Here's a close up of the pipe.  I used black, silver, distress bronze, distress salty ocean and shabby shutters and distress gold paints to try to achieve a patina rusty effect.  The drop of water is a recollections tear drop.


The sentiment is a Tim Holtz-and the background of it is ranger yupo paper and various ranger alcohol inks.  Not the new ones-I must use up what I have first! (Which is a lot-I'm just sayin is all I'm sayin.)


I love the pipes.  I am excited to make some more projects with this die cut.


Thanks for stopping by!  :)





2 comments:

Dawn T said...

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing your process. That first background is stunning but the pipe really does shine out on the black brick background. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Tristan said...

How cool is this card Katy?! So many techniques - you rocked the masculine theme and I can see how you got a bit crazy with all the elements. Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler We4dnesday Chellenge. Tristan DT.