Monday, December 5, 2011

Pretty Thank You Card

Hello Everybody!

The following card is for the Playdate Cafe Challenge: PDCC109: Smokey Purple, Blush, and Champagne.  The sketch I used came from Let's Scrap -sketch 5-20-09 (no challenge just the sketch).  A copy of the sketch is at the end of this post.


So here's my card.  The colors are different than I'm used to, so the sketch came in very handy.  I really like how it came out.  Scroll down, and I'll show you what I did!


First I picked out an Anna Griffin paper.  I thought it showcased the pink and champagne.  (I think I may have interpreted the champagne color a little different than the challenge showed.  I think I had the drink in mind) ;)

I used a larger 5X6.5 card for this.  Since the pattern was sort of big, I wanted to make sure it didn't get cut off using a smaller card.


I added a 1 inch strip that was about 5 inches or so long and embossed it with polka dots.


I used my Slice to cut the scalloped circle.  I used the Noteworthy cartridge.


Then I embossed it with the Thank You embossing folder.  I positioned it to make sure I got the Thank You.


Success!  I love the deep impressions that the folders make!


Next I got out my Perfect Pearls and put gold on and then the pearl color to soften it.  I put the Pearls on just the Thank you so that is my sentiment. 

Then I took a piece of "champagne" colored lace and put it on the bottom.  Then I added a Prima flower to the intersection of the lace, circle, and strip of paper.


 And here is my finished card.


Here is the sketch from Let's Scrap, created by Debby de Wilde.

5-20-09

Until next time my friends....try something new! :)


3 comments:

Stacy said...

Great card, love that purple flower. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Annette Allen said...

so cute..love that embossing plate..

Michele Gross said...

Love the wonderful patterns and textures :) Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!