Thursday, December 22, 2011

Birthday Card

Hello Everybody!

Oh!  Goodness!  That time is almost here!  Where there will be an explosion of gift wrap and ribbons...excitement and wonderment...ahhhh how awesome!!  Merry Christmas everybody and Happy Holidays!! 

Be sure to tune in next week because I know my sister got me some stuff from Simon Says which is an online scrap store.  (The box came with their return address--no peeking I promise!)  And I'm sure I will be busting them out!!  Whatever she got me that is ;)

So I made a Birthday card based on a sketch challenge for Let's Scrap!  Here's the sketch...


 So based on the sketch by Debby de Wilde--here is my card.  Scroll down, and I'll show you what I did!


On my base card I put the stripe paper on and then cut about a 2.5 or 3 inch wide strip to go down the middle.  I used scraps (yay!!) but I don't know this brand of paper this is.  If you know, and tell me then I can update this part ;)


Since the sketch has stitching on the top and bottom and since I glued down my papers already, I decided to break out the Kelly Panacci stickers--fake stitching :)


My ribbon on the side of the strip is a cavas ribbon that I stamped on.  These little guys are self inking and I think they are Just Rite stamps.  They are awesome and fit perfect on the canvas ribbon!  I used my Tim Holtz mini stapler to adhere the canvas onto the card.  I pulled the middle strip up a little bit and stapled the ribbon to that, not the entire card.  This way the staple wouldn't poke through the card.


This stamped sentiment is one of the $1 stamps that you find at the check out at either Michael's or Joanne's.  I have had this one of a while.  I believe G studio makes it.  The paper it is stamped on is Cosmo Cricket.


There's my card!  Until next time my friends....Merry Christmas!  Go have some Eggnog!!

3 comments:

Kay said...

Super take on this card sketch, Katy! Love your step-by-step photos on how you created this card. I have never stamped on ribbon, but you have made me want to try!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Katy! You have a super cute blog. I'm glad I found it this evening. You are very good at explaining your techniques and how you achieve your work. That is VERY helpful when you share ideas the way you do. Thanks for the inspiration. I look forward to watching your blog. I'd also like to invite you to visit my blog. I'm having a special give-away this week. It would be great to have you visit, and I'd LOVE to follow your blog as well. I hope you will stop by and check it out. I'd love to hear from you!
Blessings,
Karen
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Betty Anne said...

Wonderful card Katy, I love how you did the stamping on the ribbon and the faux stitching looks great.
Have a fantastic Christmas and I can't wait to hear what goodies you got from Simon Says.