Sunday, August 1, 2021

It's August!

 Hello Friends!

Why is it that when one month ends it's so surprising? I guess it's because time just goes by so fast. And here we are-August!  

With a new month means a new challenge at the Rainbow Challenge! This month we are all about Teal!


Here's my card.  I used mostly Tim Holtz products. The die cut is from his Sizzix line-Cathedral Window.  I added crackle paint to the window and then used some mermaid lagoon distress crayon over the cracks and non cracked areas.

I used alcohol inks on on acetate and glued it to the window.  The flower is Tim's glitter alcohol paper (it's beautiful by itself) and I added the matching alcohol ink to it and put a rhinestone in the middle. 


For the background I used a Ranger stencil by Dina Wakley for the bricks and light modeling paste. When that dried I used mermaid lagoon crayon, tumbled glass distress ink and broken china oxide ink with water to create the drips and splatters.  I thought about a sentiment-but I felt like it would take away from the window. I write in the card anyways-so there will be sentiments inside :)

Here's what I used to make this card (minus the cathedral window die cut).


Be sure to check out what the teammates created-there is so much inspiration! 

3 comments:

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's so elegant, Katy xoxo

foleysfriend said...

What an amazing creation! Love the dimension on your background and the "glass" in the window is WOW!

sue n.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Stunning card! As always you create amazing texture on your projects. Happy crafting, Michelle x