Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Pineapple Mixed Media

Hello Everybody!

I hope everyone is having a good summer so far (given the circumstances).  One thing about summer is pineapple!  Not to mention pineapples seem to be sort of in style right now with llamas and cacti.  I think its awesome!  

So I had this idea to make a pineapple picture out of gears.  I love Finnabair products so I thought let's make this happen.  Ta Da! :)


I love how this turned out.  Here's how I made it:

8X10 Canvas painted with Golden Cerulean Blue Chromium liquid acrylic 
Molds-Finnabair Mechanica, Cogs and Wings, and the swirl decoration for the leaves and there are a couple of gears from a mod podge mold
Clay-usually an air dry paper clay that I get at the craft store
Paints-gear Finnabair Sparks Unicorn's Hair and the leaves are Sparks Fairy Wings
Wax-Finnabair Lucky Emerald-on the leaves to add a little depth 
I used the unicorn's hair around the edges of the painting to give a little definition
Hot Glue to make everything stay in place.  

Here's a side profile.  I like that the "leaves" kind of come away from the canvas.


Here is an up close of the pineapple gears and the leaves.


I am entering this fun Pineapple Mixed Media Canvas into the following challenges:





Thank you for stopping by today! Until next time my friends-keep enjoying summer! :)

1 comment:

Lys said...

Fun idea this gears pineapple! I love the colour in contrast with the blue. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge!