Monday, August 15, 2016

Circles and Paint

Hello Everybody!

With circles and paint-who can go wrong?  This is my card for the Creative With Stamps mid-month post.  At CWS we are all about geometric shapes on our cards.

I painted the base of the card with cracked sapphire distress paint.  I used twisted citron distress ink on white cardstock for the middle panel.  Then I used Tim Holtz's circles stencil and chipped sapphire distress paint.  The sentiment is from Dyan Reaveley.


It's funny-I didn't realize that there were some darker spots in the dark blue areas.  I guess it's where I dabbed the paint.  (I still have the old bottles with the dabbers).  But I have grown to like it.  It is sort of an added texture.  I love this color combo at the moment too.  (But I'm not a Seahawks fan)  ;)

So if you have joined us already-please do so!  My teammates at Creative with Stamps and I would love to see your geometric cards.  Plus-there's a prize-so get to crafting! :)


Be sure to include our graphic! :)  

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time friends...Don't be square! ;)


5 comments:

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

I really like the sentiment on your card - so true :)
The background you've created is great!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this!!!!!!!!!!!

Lilian said...

I love those circles! Awesome card!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Billie A said...

Very creative circles. I love this look and the sentiment. Great colors also. Love it.

Helen F. said...

What a unique design. Love your technique creating an amazing card, Katy