Friday, June 13, 2014

Father's Day Canvas

Hello Everybody!

Today it's my turn to share a project at the Blog for Unique Laser Designs.   I created a burlap canvas using Unique Laser Designs wood embellishments.


Here was my thought process.  I had put gesso in the background but I wasn't sure what colors I would use.  I used Tim Holtz paints in the background.  This is my first burlap frame and for me stamps didn't work so well on it.  So I used paints and light modeling paste and gelatos with the harlequin stencil.  

I did put some Wendy Vecchi translucent embossing paste on here using a burlap stencil from Tim Holtz but it didn't come out very well.  Which is ok!  It does blend in with the artsy organic feel to the canvas.  The places that I put the clear embossing paste just look like shiny spots, not shiny little squares.  LOL.  Next time I will go for a bigger stencil.  :)


Here are some bricks from the brick stencil that Unique Laser Designs has.  You get the stencil AND the bricks.  Super cool!  Some bricks are blank but some have words on them.  


I painted the polaroid frames.  I just used picket fence by TH on those.  Since I wasn't looking for a stark white look, I didn't use gesso first on those.  I used salty ocean and peeled paint for the music notes.  On the heart is barn door red and I used glossy accents on it.  The word smile I left in its natural wood state.  The flower is from Maya Road.  

Here's another picture of my canvas.  I love having the then and now photo.


I am submitting this to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:  Paint  I used Tim Holtz paints on the background and on the heart, musical notes, and frames.

Unique Laser Designs is also have a Design Team Call!  Come check out the details here

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...Happy Father's Day! :)

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A stunning canvas with beautiful textures, dimension and precious photos.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Annette Allen said...

oh wow these are amazing..

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a precious creation. Love the beautiful embellishments and textures on your burlap canvas. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

yyam said...

Love all the fun elements on your canvas!

P/s: Congrats on winning at LESSology. Hope you get your RAK soon!