Monday, July 8, 2013

A Quilled Butterfly

Hello Everybody!

I was in the mood to quill-so I made a butterfly.  But I used the challenge at Inkspirational #27 to dictate the colors.

So here's my card:


Here are the colors for this week's challenge:


Periwinkle-the butterfly's body
Lavender-the background from Graphic 45
Deep Plum-the butterfly's wing
Split Pea-the butterfly's antennae

I also used a hexagon embossing folder from Darice and a Spellbinder's Die for the butterfly.  I enjoyed quilling the butterfly.  I haven't quilled in a while.  My husband laughs because I quilled flowers for our wedding invitations and I didn't quill anything for a long long time after that.  LOL. So this was a fun card to make. :)

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...have a great day! :)






10 comments:

sandie said...

Gorgeous Katy, I love the different shades you have used to make the butterfly and gorgeous background paper. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

Nikki said...

Lovely card Katy. Your quilled butterfly is gorgeous and I love that DSP you have used. Thanks for playing along this week at Inkspirational.

Nikki

Ruth M said...

I never got to grips with quilling and as I'm impatient it seemed far too much of a faff for me LOL! So I take my hat off to you Katy for your lovely quilled butterfly - amazing job! Love the pretty paper and the embossed strip too and you made fab use of our challenge colours!

So lovely to have you playing along with us again at Inkspirational! Hope you've checked out the June Winner's post at Inkspirational! ; ) Ruth x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!!! LOVING the colors and that quilled butterfly is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Katy... that butterfly is fabulous! Such detail and patience! I also like the unique border cut on that feature square. As always, thanks for playing at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Mynn xx said...

Such a beautiful butterfly, Katy!!! I've never tried quilling and it looks fun and has a great end product! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Yvonne Garner said...

This is gorgeous Katy! I first saw quilling back in the early 70s! Thanks for the memories and thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

Leslie Germain said...

Such a pretty card. Love the quilling!!

Carol L said...

Your quilled butterfly is gorgeous! I'm loving the purple colors, papers, and patterns!

Deepti Stephens said...

Very sweet.. Love the quilled butterfly.. Thank you so much for leaving some love on my blog and yes! You can put my card on fb page.. Thank you.. :)