Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tidbit Tuesday--Creativity Beyond Paper

Hello Everybody!

I've had a busy week!  And my Tuesday Tidbit is that sometimes you have to put down the scissors and glue, and go do something else!

Yesterday was my wonderful husband's birthday.  Earlier this year he discovered that he has gluten intolerance or Celiac's disease.  Thankfully, there are a great many products on the market that are free of gluten so my husband can still enjoy things like Birthday Cake!

So I went to Michael's in search of a creative way to do his cake since I would be baking it.  There were so many different cake pans!  Talk about overwhelming!  So I see a pan to make "cake pops."  This is perfect.  My hubby likes frosting more than cake anyway--what a perfect solution.  But how would I display this?

So somehow I figure it out in the store along with some jungle themed decorations.  And here is how my cake turned out...



Cake pops that I dipped into candy sprinkles that transformed into trees.  Green candy sprinkles to make the grass more lively.  Everyone enjoyed the cake.  I am very proud of how it turned out.  Sometimes your creativity takes you to new places :)  Until next time...

1 comment:

Khandrogos said...

I can personally attest that it looked awesome and tasted even better. And yes, there was enough frosting!