Thursday, September 28, 2017

Mermaid Birthday Card

Hello Everybody!

Sometimes I look back through my blog for a technique or a card I made.  And every now and then I come across something funny.

I made this card for a friend of mine.  It's late (ugh!).  Her birthday was August and she won't get it until October because all of a sudden September is almost over.  LOL. 

So I was going through my blog and found a blog entry around this time last year--for the same thing.  A birthday card for the same friend---and the same tardiness.  Wow.  How does that happen?  LOL.  Here's the link in case you wanted to see.  It's Throwback Thursday so I'm on time for something, right?  LOL.

Moving along---Here is my card using a mermaid stamp from Sparkle N Sprinkle and the sentiment is from Rubbernecker stamps.  I used Copics to color her and the "water" is distress oxides. 


I masked the mermaid which is white there is this glow around her.  It was hard to get a lot of ink into the spaces of her hair.  The shell is a button that I cut the back part off.  And then a little bling. 

I am entering these into the following challenges:



Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...keep swimming! :)

3 comments:

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous, I'm sure your friend will love it!

Thank you for sharing with us over at '{PIN}spirational'
Hope to see you joining us again next time!
Hugs Shell xx

Valérie said...

Wow! I love your mermaid. Thank you for joining us at PINspirational Challenge.