I am so excited to share this project with y'all. It's been awhile since I've made a project like this. There's a lot of pictures so get ready!
I bought this birdhouse at the thrift store.
Here's the back. I paid $2 for it. Woot! Woot! It's time for a makeover!
I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go in. So I gesso it in case I decide to paint it. And I took off those sad little butterflies that look like moths. LOL ;)
So I decide not to paint it. I am going to try to steampunk this birdhouse out! I have foil tap paper. But I'm curious to see if Aluminum Dryer Vent Tape will work because I don't have enough to cover my birdhouse and this is more readily available.
I use Ranger/Tim Holtz alcohol inks-grey and black on the aluminum tape.
Then I take the piece and run it through my embossing machine using a T.H. brick embossing folder. So far so good.
I use this red pepper alcohol ink to make the bricks red.
That looks cool. :) I peel off the adhesive back and mold it to the birdhouse. It's already in strips because of how the tape comes-so the width is handy in this project. I don't have to do a lot of trimming.
Here is the finished birdhouse. Keep scrolling for side pictures and closeups.
I used the same technique for the roof-but I used the "metal" embossing folder. Still a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I added these cool metal gears my husband got me one Christmas. I think he bought them from Amazon.
Here is the back. I couldn't figure out if I should do something on more on the back. But it's the back-and except for y'all-who's going to see it? :)
This is the left side. More cool gears.
This cool metal bow came from a Steampunk Show I went to. I love it! The house number is a Tim Holtz ideology thing. Love! :)
The bird and metal flowers are Tim's. There is a gear in the center of the left flower-it's from where my other gears came from. And I used a Tim Holtz wire with a circle thing for the stem of the flower. I had to use a white Faber-Castell marker to kind of highlight the metal pieces. I used alcohol ink on them and everything was so dark. The white sort of out lines the pieces and makes them pop.
Here's a closeup of the bricks. I love how they came out, and they have a nice shine.
Thank you for stopping by. :)
I am submitting this Steampunk Birdhouse into the following challenges:
Until next time my friends...keep that steam going! :)